For Dedication to Community Service
Friendship Scholarship Application - Link
The Bourbonnais Friendship Festival, Inc, is a non profit organization dedicated to family oriented recreation and to the financial support of numerous community organizations.
The Friendship Scholarship provided by the Bourbonnais Friendship Festival, Inc, is a $500.00 stipend. Intended for persons enrolling or enrolled in college or vocationally training.
To be considered for this scholarship the applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be active in community service projects and/or volunteer opportunities.
2. A Kankakee County resident
3. Have plans to or are currently enrolled in college or in a vocational training program.
Recipient of this scholarship will be chosen on the basis of eligibility, application, essay (essays are read blindly) and references.
The Bourbonnais Friendship Festival shows no bias toward students of any particular race, religion, creed, gender or involvement in any specific volunteer project(s).
• Application due on or before April 1, 2020
• Print or type application.
• Essays are to be submitted in paper format and between 150-300 words.
• One letter of recommendation from an individual who is intimately aware of the applicant’s involvement in community service.
• Include complete contact information.
• Mail completed application to
Bourbonnais Friendship Festival
600 Main St NW
Bourbonnais, IL 60914